It’s been a week since VMworld 2014 EMEA kicked off. We had a blast at VMworld; Attended some very good sessions, met up with some good people, drank too much at parties, had fun!!
Most of all it became clear that visiting VMworld is a no-brainer, a must-visit! A word of thanks to our ‘sponsors’; YaWorks provided me (Niels Hagoort) with the opportunity to attend VMworld, Valid did the same for Robert Verdam.
Having said that, the EMEA version did disappoint a little bit on the major announcements… The most significant announcements in our humble opinion were:
- EVO:RAIL partners extended; Hitachi and HP also delivering an EVO appliance.
- EVO:RAIL will include vCloud Air – Disaster Recovery Service
- VMware partners with Palo Alto to deliver VM-1000-HV for NSX.
- CloudVolumes will be adopted as VMware App Volumes.
- VMware vCloud Air will also be served from a Germany based DC for European customers.
- VMware vRealize Suite introductions
But that is all on the ‘negative’ side. We like to share some of our experiences on VMworld 2014 EMEA in this post. Please don’t mind the bad quality photos included… I/We suck at taking photos. 🙂